Thursday, August 10, 2006

Took the Day Off and Painted a Pastel



I have been working hard with my natural beauty products. The market sales are going well and, as a result, I have been making more products. Made 2 batches of soap yesterday and meant to make a batch of moisturizing cream today. However....I was minding my own business when the VPON people abducted me to join their pastel lesson. Sure I said...I like pastels but of course I am too busy..don't have time. So I watched. I had no intentions at all of painting but after 10 minutes of watching I grabbed a paper, sketched out the ref photo, and began to paint. Piper is fantastic, I was inspired to death. She showed us how to mount the paper onto the board and transfer the drawing to the pastel paper. She did the painting along with us but there was so much freedom. We weren't constrained to using any specific colours but she did make some suggestions and she guided a few of us along the way if necessary.The entire group was so inspirational and funny. I had a great afternoon, learned a lot and finished a painting. Did I tell you I was a die hard oil pinter? This is only my 4th pastel attempt. Thanks to the VPON people for a great afternoon and thanks Piper for the great lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home