Wednesday, July 12, 2006

In Natural Beauty Products Mode.....


....and need to paint real soon! Maybe today. I have been working on developing my liquid soap. Normally liquid soap is harsher than regular soap because more lye is needed to make the soap clear. I am not into harsh soap and prefer the soap to be emolliating and gentle on the skin. The downside of this is my soap is not clear and over time the emollients tend to separate and float to the top. This can be resolved by inverting the bottle from time to time but is rather annoying. I am trying to find a way to keep the emollients mixed in without adding more lye or adding chemical emulsifiers...which I refuse to do Sigh! Now you know my problems. :) I ordered a sun shelter because I am going to become part of the phenomena known as the Farmer's Market. There is one in my little town on Tuesday mornings so I can hang out and sell my Natural Beauty Products there. I may also bring some paintings and note cards and was even thinking of bringing my easel and working on my chacoal portrait of my sister. I am really needing to paint so today will most likely be the day. Here is a pic of a couple of my new liquid soap labels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home