I resketched my roses commission because I woke up realizing...yes I had a dream about it....that the painting would be too small on a 16" x 20" canvas. After conferring with the lady...commissioner?......I pulled out an 18" x 24" canvas and resketched it. Having done it once already I was less than enthusiastic so it it was a lot looser. This is good! I fixed the charcoal with fixative..waited a bit and then layed on the underpainting washes. Since the background will be a dark green, almost black in places, I layed in a purple wash. This is a direct influence from an artist friend whose work I admire. (To see his blog go here. http://josephlacorte.blogspot.com/ There is a link on his blog to his website where you can view his beautiful paintings.) Having laid down the background wash...I washed the roses with orange. The roses will be champage/white so I thought this would work. I told the lady that I would send her wip photos...but I think I will wait with this one cause she will no doubt have a heart attack. LOL.